Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women
By: Dobson, James C.
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Browse Similar Products by Category:
$25.99 Regular Price$22.87
Our PriceYou Save 12%Online Stock: 1
Bringing Up Boys by parenting expert and best-selling author Dr. James Dobson was, and continues to be, a runaway hit, selling more than 2 million copies to date. Now, Dr. Dobson presents his highly anticipated companion book: Bringing Up Girls.
Based on extensive research, and handled with Dr. Dobson’s trademark down-to-earth approach, Bringing Up Girls will equip parents like you to face the challenges of raising your daughters to become healthy, happy, and successful women who overcome challenges specific to girls and women today and who ultimately excel in life.
Parents, teachers, and others involved in shaping the character of girls have a lot on their minds:
In Bringing Up Girls, Dr. James Dobson, America’s foremost authority on parenting, tackles these and many other questions, offering wisdom and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles.
- Are girls really fundamentally different from boys? If so, should they be treated differently?
- Whoever said that girls are "sugar and spice and everything nice" never met my teenager. What can I do?
- My adolescent daughter seems to be on an emotional roller coaster. One minute she’s giddy with excitement; the next she’s moody and withdrawn. Is this normal?
- As a mom, I so badly want to be “best friends” with my daughter. Why isn’t it working out the way I dreamed?
- How does a dad’s role in his daughter’s life influence her character and decisions—including her eventual choice of a husband?
- How can grandparents contribute to raising a healthy granddaughter?
- What’s the best way to educate girls?
- How are girls affected when their parents divorce?
- What should we be doing to shape the next generation of women?
|Release Date: April 13, 2010||Pages: 300|
|Binding: Hardcover||Print Size: |
|Dr. James Dobson|
Dr. James Dobson is the founder and president of
Focus on the Family, a non-profit organization
that produces his nationally-syndicated radio
program heard on more than 2,500 radio stations
across North America and on an additional 3,000
stations in over 40 countries. Focus on the
Family celebrates the family and provides solid
biblical guidance for Christian households.
Dr. Dobson holds a Ph.D. in Child Development
from the University of Southern California.
He served for fourteen years as the Associate
Clinical Professor of pediatrics at the USC
School of Medicine, and for seventeen years on
the attending staff of Children's Hospital of
Los Angeles in the division of child development
and medical genetics. Dr. Dobson and his wife
reside in Colorado and have two grown children.
Dr. Dobson's books are international
best-sellers and include such titles as Dare to
Discipline (which was selected as one of
50 books to be rebound and placed in the White
House Library), The New Dare to Discipline,
Hide or Seek, What Wives Wish Their Husbands
Knew about Women, The Strong-Willed Child, When
God Doesn't Make Sense, Dr. Dobson Answers Your
Questions, and Straight Talk to Men and their Wives.
Join Our E-mail List!
New Product Updates
Sale & Bestseller Offers